Committment

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 5:11 PM

This week was a major milestone for us. I have a job offer in Grand Junction, CO and it was pretty attractive. But Kathy and I discussed it and we just felt like we had unfinished business here in Sweden. Don't know if it's because we had originally planned to stay two years (I hate it when I do things like that!), could be that we enjoy some of the financial benefits that we're receiving in this job, could be that we like the travel that we've been able to do since being here, or it could be that we've made some good friends. Don't know exactly, but neither of us could really decide. So, I asked the kids to think about it this week and let me know if they wanted to go or stay. As we drove home today from church, it became apparent that they had all reached a consensus, let's stay.
So, for at least the next year and while work will continue to let me stay here, our address will remain: LuleƄ. And just to remind myself that winters are not my favorite time of year, here are a couple of photos of the house today, 29Mar2009!



Comments Posted (4)

  1. I don't know why but first thing I thought of when I saw the picture of the crossed icicles:

    Egon: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
    Venkman: What?
    Egon: Don't cross the streams.
    Venkman: Why?
    Egon: It would be bad.
    Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
    Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Ray: Total protonic reversal.
    Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

  2. Sad you are so far away but glad you are happy! You should stay there and enjoy the financial comfort until this crazy US market pans out...

  3. Having been to Grand Junction too many times in my life, I have to say, between Grand Junction and Sweden, Sweden wins hands down!! We'll still be missing you, but knowing that you have so much fun, even if most of your toes are frozen off.

  4. Yeah! Gives us more time come and visit!