It's been a long time

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 3:50 PM

It has been quite a while since I sat down and added to the blog. Part of it has been that our lives have been pretty quiet of late with very little that would be of interest to our friends and family. We stay busy but not much to report about. The other part is that I'm generally a lazy person and anything that requires maintenance and upkeep, well.... I find reasons not to do it! Just like everything else in my life, I'll commit to being better about it, at least until I slack off again.

We have a new American missionary and he took note of the strange sounds coming out of the other church members last Sunday. Since he's nearly finished with his mission, I doubt it's the first time he's ever heard them, but suspect it's more that he's never heard it used so much. This roughly the equivalent of "dude" in American-speak. There's another variant that sounds like "yah" but said with a short inhale instead of an exhale. It's my understanding that this is much more prevalent in the North than in other areas of Sweden.

There's even a beer commercial which shows the multi-meaning of the sound ... just like the Budlight "dude" commecial a couple of years ago.

Comments Posted (0)