Fun-filled weekend
Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 3:14 PM
Not much happened this week, a couple of high pressure meetings at work and then hours of sanding therapy to relieve the stress. As my 8-yr old mind remembers the story, my father made me sand that pinewood derby car for hours and hours until it was smooth as glass. Since it was pine, I'm surprised we really got it as smooth as it was. So, now, I sit in the TV room upstairs with my knife and some sandpaper, rubbing out the rough spots of my day. I'm sure Kathy's not thrilled with the bits of trash, dust and debris around the house from my projects, but she's been extremely patient with me on it. In response to Dad's question, basically, I rough out the form with a band saw that I bought at the Swedish Harbor Freight tools, smooth out the big bumps on a table-mounted belt sander, and then do the rest by hand.

Comments Posted (0)
Post a Comment