Almost out of the hotel

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 2:12 PM

Went out this afternoon and got final details on the new house, including where fuseboxs are located, how to turn on the heat, how to operate the Eurpoean appliances, and most importantly, how to operate the TV/satellite/X-Box systems! (Yes, Daniel, I said there's an X-box! There are no controllers and we'll only use it to play U.S. format DVD's, but there is an X-box.)
The upstairs bedroom is small (ish) but is about the same size as Daniel's rooom in Houston and has loads of closet space. The downstairs bedroom is huge, about the size of our current living room. And then the master bedroom is really pretty small, no closet, nothing. Sooooo.... we'll have to decide if there will be any reallocation of resources!
I tried to pay attention in church today to things other than the interpreter, not being rude, just trying to get some details to feed the family about kids, etc. I counted about 3 or 4 boys and about the same for girls around 5 - 10 years old. There were another 2-3 girls and the same boys for 11 - 15 years old, and then one or two older teenagers. I talked to the guy in the branch who will be working for my company soon and he said that they group the youth together (12 - 20ish) and they all hangout together. This last weekend was a bbq at his house with skeet shooting, cooking over open fires, lighting firecrackers, etc. Sounds like a good time! I did feel somewhat self-concious as I was looking around the room and making tick marks in my notebook as kids walked by. Decided to write "boys and girls" in Portuguese "rapazes e meninas" just in case someone noticed my notes and decided I was some kind of perv.

Comments Posted (2)

  1. Nice way to start your new reputation in the ward... creepy guy in the back who catalogs the youth. Now, you might not even need to make those outlandish remarks in Sunday school to keep from giving talks.

  2. It looks like you're moving into an IKEA. Nothing like a hanging chair in the bedroom.