My pride inspires me to do more than it should.
Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 12:12 AM
The other day, Kathy told me that a church member had offered to buy the basketball standard that we have in the driveway. It's got a plastic base filled with sand and can be rolled around on a couple of wheels that engage when you tip the standard down. The family had come over to transport the standard but were unable to load it into the vehicle. I smuggly said that I could do it, they just didn't know what they were doing. So, Tuesday afternoon, I backed up my pickup and with Kathy gone, proceeded to load this monster in the back. It was a real hassle. I tried levers, hand trucks, you name it. At one point, it was halfway on, resting on the tailgate of the truck and my shoulders. I thought I was going to have a heartache attack or break a hip. But, knowing what I had said earlier, I pushed and pushed until it was in.
In parallel to this story, I talked to Willie today and he, with a serious face, asked if I knew anything about converting XML to HTML. I laughed and said, nope, I'm not going to learn anything new. He shamed me and hurt my pride. So, in response, this is my attempt to keep up with Will in adding flash to my blog. It's still a long ways to go, but it's getting closer! Learned something new today after all!

That flash is much more impressive. Jessica thinks I should feel more guilty for shaming you.