Leaving Houston

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 4:58 PM

Well, we're official now. We've sold/given/disposed/stored everything we owned in Houston except the house. On Wednesday last week, the movers showed up with a wood crate about 4ft x 6ft x 8ft to transport everything we plan to take to Sweden. In my head, 200 cu. ft. seemed like a lot, just over sixty 3 cu. ft. boxes...but it doesn't work out that way. The guys were able to get almost everything we set out for them into the box, but it was a tight fit. At least, with it being so tight, there's little chance of anything moving around in there! We sold the cars, filled the storage shed, sold all the furniture and gave away all the food. The house has not sold yet but we're still hopeful . I put Kathy and the kids on a plane on Friday for Nevada and then I flew out Sunday for Sweden. As I looked in the rearview mirror, I couldn't help but swear and think, "%$#*#! What am I doing? This better work out!". I guess that just proves to me how much we enjoyed Houston and while we had challenges there, it was a great experience overall. Who knows what will happen in the future but we will always look fondly back at this time.


Here's a couple of photos of Kylie lighting some firecrackers as we had a "4th of June" celebration with our friends Russell and Nicole before Kathy and the kids left.



Comments Posted (1)

  1. is the second picture kylie demonstrating her most righteous ninja moves?