I thought Swedish was difficult
Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 5:55 PM
Last week, I went to Kolari, Finland for a meeting with local stakeholders to discuss our mining permitting process. As I sat and listened to the Finnish discussion, all I could think of was Lakota or Paiute. I kept expecting to hear about the mine affecting the herds of "tatonka".
The other thing I noticed was the length of the words and number of vowels. Here are a couple of examples:
liiketoimintasuunnitelmat = "business plan"
insinööisuunitelmat = "engineering plan"
insinööisuunitelmat = "engineering plan"
I've heard stories of Mormon missionaries complaining about being sent to Sweden so the bosses change they're destination and training to Finland for a day. After that, they beg to go back to the easy Swedish lessons.


paralelepípedo, that was always the hardest word I could remember. Still no where as hard.
Mine was always "otorhinolaryngologista"