Fourth Day on Holiday (Revised)

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 7:58 PM



As the days go by, we get up later, walk less, ride the trains more, and get back to the hotel earlier!
Today we slept in a little later and then headed to Paddington Station. Jumped onto the Underground, riding to Waterloo and then transfering onto a above-ground train to Hampton Court. A friend of mine who works at Atkins met us at the train station and took us to lunch at a great cafe/pub along the Thames just downstream from Hampton Court.
After lunch, we bought our tickets and entered Hampton Court. We picked up sets up headphones and did the self-guided tours through the Tudor Kitchens, Queen's Apartments, King William's apartments, the Young Henry VIII exhibit, King Henry VIII's apartments, and lots of time in the gift shops.
Back on the train about 5:30pm, we re-traced our steps, buying some dinner at the train station and settled back in at the hotel. Kathy and I went for a stroll but decided our feet couldn't handle too much so we came back, a little chagrined at our boringness.

Comments Posted (3)

  1. Off the subject..Kylie's hair is really cute! What a wonderful vacation! It makes me want to go exploring. It is so fun to see new places. What a great experience you guys are having. I hope we can come and sight see with you too!

  2. Any time! Come over, we'll always make room for you. Kathy says that you just point at a picture in a magazine since they don't speak English and then they cut your hair the way they want which doesn't look anything like the photo you chose. It's a good system.

  3. Kylie, I love the hair too-adorable. I want to come exploring with Kim. You guys should try France next and hit up the Lladro factory (Sorry, I'm being a little random today).