A Couple Of Photos from Sweden

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 5:56 PM

Didn't have a whole lot of time this week, so I took some photos of the offices, etc for posting.
This is a picture of my office prior to receiving the new furniture. My new desk is bigger and I've got a monitor and all the other geek trappings...but it's only temporary, the desk is a loaner, the permananet pieces are coming still.

This is my company car, or at least it was. The windshield wipers are up so as not to freeze them to the glass with all the rain. However, it rained the whole weekend and never froze, so wasted effort. I was driving this car when I slid off the road on Wednesday. When I got the car, I noticed that even with 4-wheel drive, it still tended to slide a bit in the snow. Turns out the studs in the snow tires were worn away many miles ago. So, driving to Finland on Wed. after several days of warm rain, the roads were exceptionally slick. I about lost it once on the drive, sliding sideways for a couple of meters before regaining control. I got to the right-hand turn, slowed down to about 10mph, went to turn and just kept sliding through the turn and into the snow bank. Didn't damage the car but I was stuck. I got out of the car to assess the situation and about fell on my butt, the road was almost too slick to walk on. A lady stopped in her jeep, pulled out a tow rope and pulled me out of the ditch. I parked the car and caught a ride with the co-worker to Finland. On the way back, we picked up the car, took it to the office and swapped it out for another with better tires. While I'm home in the U.S. this week, the office manager is getting me a new car with new tires for when I get back.

This is proof that I did find the church building last Sunday. I took me a while to find the address because the road it's on is a large circular road around a lake/pond. I missed my turn and ended up on the northside of the lake (the church is on the south side). By the time I showed up, Sacrament meeting was over so I thought I'd catch the last bit. Instead, the building was locked up tight with one set of tire marks in the fresh snow and one set of footprints up to the front door and back. I suspect church was cancelled for some reason but no one told this one guy. He and I both showed up and found the church closed. They have a separate building out back for the Primary which really looked cold!

Comments Posted (0)