Family History Stuff
Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 8:02 PM
I'm sure Kathy's not quite as excited to realize my relatives are English and not Scottish, but she'll have to live with it.
This week, I'm working in Wheal Jane, Cornwall, England (look it up on maps.google.com !), I flew into Newquay, drove through Truro and and staying in Folsmouth. I pulled up my PAF file and showed the mining consultants, making a joke that we could be cousins. Shown below is an example of one of the family groups:
So, I noticed on one of the names, "St. Mary's, Truro, Cornwall, England" and said that I suspected that's probably one of the old churches. He says, "oh, that's probably St. Mary's Methodist, just down the road from here." I then say, "well, it's so old that's it's unlikely that anything remains" and he replied, "well, we'll go take a look tomorrow at lunch!".
I'll take photos of anything I see! I guess I figured I'd get the chance to see the New Mexico family sites and even maybe some of the Swedish and Norwegian sites now with my new job. But I never suspected I'd find family sites while at a consultants offices.
More tomorrow!

That's cool stuff. If you are interested, we've got a place you can store interesting stuff that you're finding in a place that everyone can get to it.
www.blattmans.com/wiki