Weird Dreams

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 10:23 PM

My subconscious has been doing numbers on me these last few weeks, jet lag sucks. The other day, I woke up from a dream laughing. I tried to tell Kathy about the joke I told in the dream, but she didn't seem to think it was quite as funny. Who knows what the joke was about now, but it was funny enough to wake me from a dream, so it was memorable!

Anyway....so tonight, I wake up at 11pm, two hours after falling asleep...again, jet lag sucks. In this dream, I'm working in an office full of mine planning engineers, company employees and consultants. Out of nowhere comes this guy:

Recognize him from Shaun of the Dead?? He's also in Pirates of the Carribean.
So, "Phillip" comes out of nowhere and asks, "do any of you guys have the mine plan done?".

I say, "No" and he retorts, "What the hell are you people doing down here with your maps and computers and the like???". He storms off and begins looking for one of the corporate vice-presidents to raise a stink about my lack of progress.

I follow him out to find out what his problem is. He's standing there with a hose, spraying down the driveway, with a cigarette in his mouth. I approach and ask him something on the order of, "Who pee'd in your Cheerios this morning?".

He turns the house on me and says nothing. I reach out, grab the hose and succeed only getting sprayed again. The struggle continues until I give up and walk away.

So... this must say a couple of things about me and my perception of Europeans, my insecurities at work, and that I watch too many movies!

Comments Posted (3)

  1. so many interpretations are running through my head...1. what is the significance of the hose? did you pee a little by chance?
    2. why do you care so much what this specific character thinks of you...who does he resemble?
    3. "and the like.." who really talks that way....maybe someone you actually know....
    anyway, just trying to help you disect this one.

  2. hose, tinkle, ... I'd don't like the path you're going down on this one! And it seems like EVERYONE in the U.K. talks like that, "and the like".

  3. I'd rather wake up to your giggle (and a COMPLETELY nonsensical joke), than you thrashing to avoid a hose! *hehehe*

    I'm with Sarah on this one: 'Did you pee a little??' *snicker*