More things television can teach us

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 6:08 PM

We drove to Roveniemi again this weekend to get our photo taken with Santa Claus at the North Pole resort. Readers of this space may remember the trip last July. This time, however, it was -10C outside and was dark by 2pm.

Kathy wasn't as impressed by the reindeer hash for lunch as the stuff they served last time we were there. All the souvenir shops seemed to be the same ... so it was a bit lackluster. However, things were getting in gear for Christmas, so there were more lights, a few more tourists and the service staff were generally crabbier. We'll send the photos with Santa out later when we've got them all addressed, etc. After the photo, Kathy and I wandered the shops while Dan and Kylie played in the snow piles. By the time we made it to the last shop, Kylie pops out from behind a display and says, "look at my tongue!". I immediately recognized the bloody effects of a cold metal light pole and human saliva. I just shook my head and her only retort was, "but Daniel did it too!" I guess the 48-hour marathons of "A Christmas Story" every year have taught the kids nothing, what can I ever hope to do??
Did my parents have similar concerns about my mental capabilities?




Comments Posted (3)

  1. How can you be mad when you know they made an informed decision...:)

  2. Dan and Kylie, I too could not resist the intriguing allure of the light pole. You can't help but be curious if it will really works.

  3. hey you cant blame me i am the one who left my tongue on the light pole witch will eventually melt off the light pole in spring