Ah yes, why I love Texas

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 10:01 AM

I had to laugh a little bit (I hope Russell and Nicole don't get offended!) at an email I received this week about snow in Houston. Now I know it's a rarity for snow in Texas and it's something noteworthy. But it's like... well, I heard about some of the expats in our company when they first got to Sweden last year. There was a Christmas party and afterwards, some of the expats went outside for a smoke. As they stood there, they saw a spectacular display of the Northern Lights. They called the rest of the expats to come out and watch, standing in the cold at midnight for more than an hour staring at the sky. As they came in, one of the locals asked them,
"What were you guys doing out there for so long?"
"Watching the Northern Lights!"
"Oh, is that all?"
You might as well have said, "there's a reindeer outside!" or "there's a rock!"
Just for comparison, here's the Texas photos and here's a brief glimpse of what we saw when we woke up this morning.







Comments Posted (2)

  1. Publishing rights!!! I do feel like an idiot! My brother, who was WAY DOWN SOUTH - on the other side of Houston, got 4 inches of snow! My actual purpose was to rub it in the face of those working that day in town. Again, even downtown Houston got more than we did that evening! It's fun to see snow every 4-10 years! What can I say! You're MORE than welcome to share with us Matt!

  2. I loved the photos of everyone. Kylie and Daniel seem to have grown already.
    The last picture is beautiful. It looks like a christmas card scene.