Christmas Day

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 8:52 PM

We were allowed to sleep until...5:45am this morning, at which time Kylie woke us up with more vigor than I've ever seen her have at that time of day in her whole life. Coming upstairs, we found that Santa had a fight with Rudolph and skinned him, leaving the pelt on our floor. Their was also some reindeer meat in the fridge, so who knows which one that was!
We opened presents, took a little bit of a nap and then got to cleaning the house. I had to run in to work to retrieve a part to one of the gifts that I had accidentally left in my desk (it seemed like a good hiding spot at the time!). I also stopped by the grocery store to pickup some items and more
Julmust. I haven't been able to adjust to the Julmust but the kids like it and I knew our guests would as well.
About 2pm, Leandro and Kamilla came with Elders Drake and Hawkins for dinner. While we waited for the Wirtalas, Leandro (brasileiro) and Kamilla (Svenska) were subjected to a recorded version of last weeks NFL game between the Steelers and Titans. I'm not sure they saw the Holiday spirit in watching football, but the young men certainly agreed with Matt on this one.
The Wirtalas arrived and the ham was ready so we ate. Before blessing the food, Matt played
Yorgi Yorgesson which he was able to download from iTunes (I'm still looking for a copy of Who took a poop on the poopdeck!) All of us ate more than we should have. After dinner and while we did dishes, we played A Christmas Story from iTunes and everyone seemed to like it. Next came the ornament exchange, the Elders closely winning the prize for the ugliest ornament but the Wirtalas had some good challengers. It's now about 11:30pm, everyone's gone and we're still talking about the good time. Another night to remember.
Rudolph's shaggy hide on our floor! Surprisingly, the dog wasn't bothered by the pelt. I figured she'd be wary of it, either as a foreign animal or as a warning of what would happen the next time she stole food off of the table!
Kylie a new laptop, her joy is a result of not having to share the computer with her brother anymore!
Dan unwraps an Xbox... he doesn't quite know how to properly express himself; after 6 months without video games, he's struggling with words.

Kathy unwrapping a necklace from my mother. Mandy's glowing eyes creeping into the frame.

I think this was sunset, but it may have been sunrise... it's so hard to tell since they both come in the same spot now!

Part of this evening's food festivities, Rudolph is on the silver tray to the right.
The proud chef. The whole dinner was great, Kathy worked so hard on all of the items.
The missionaries, Elders Hawkins and Drake, & Kamilla enjoying some seven-layer dip and NFL football. Life doesn't get much better than that.
Elder Drake getting a photo of the sunset. Looks warm out there, doesn't it!

Comments Posted (3)

  1. I'm telling you - WE BELONG THERE! Santa processed rudolph at your HOUSE! How cool is that!? Don't want to overwork the team, just dispose and grab a fresh one with energy for the rest of the trip! I'm not sure about that drink but I'm not a hops kinds person. Very interesting though. Glad you had a merry Christmas!

  2. I believe the song is WHO HID THE HALIBUT on the poop deck. Don't be so crass. None of the rest of us would ever act that way.

  3. Huh, well...maybe I did get the words wrong. Could it be that, "We three kings of Orient are, tried to smoke a rubber cigar" are not the real words to that song either?