Chasing Northern Lights

Posted by Guano & Associates | Posted in | Posted on 9:07 PM



Last night, about 11:30pm, I looked at the two webpages (page 1 and page 2) we use to track/predict the Northern Lights and noticed it was supposed to be a good night for observation. So, we hopped in the car and drove northwards, hoping to get away from the city lights and closer to the action. I wish we could say that we saw what is depicted in these two photos but sadly, all we saw were some faintly glowing clouds. Tonight is also supposed to be good, but it's after 11:00pm again and I'm not ready to go into the cold again.
By the way, these images were taken by Kristoffer Johansson, one of the geologists at work. He provided these pics to me in exchange for some other boring info. Fair trade!

Comments Posted (0)